If you are looking for comfort food, here’s something to try! It’s delicious when paired with naan or Kerala parathas. Yummmmmilicious. Enjoy 🙂
- Prep time – 1 hour
- Cook time – 30 minutes
Ingredients to marinate chicken: (for step 1)
- Chicken – 1 kg (cut into medium sized pieces)
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder – 3 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 3.5 tbsp
- Salt to taste
Ingredients for Masala:
- Large Potatoes – 2 (cut into small pieces and soak in water)
- Large Red Onion – 1 (Thinly Sliced)
- Ginger and garlic – crush 1 medium piece of ginger with 8 cloves of garlic with a mortar and pestle
- Indian Green Chilli – 2 (chopped)
- Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
- Turmeric Powder – 3/4 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Fennel seed Powder – 2 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Tomatoes – 2 (chopped)
- Oil to saute
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves – chopped (for garnish)
- Marinate the chicken with the above ingredients for one hour.
- Drain the water from the potatoes and pat dry.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the potatoes, when they are 3/4th done, sprinkle a little salt. When it starts to turn brown remove from oil.
- Fry the marinated chicken till it’s 3/4th done. Set aside.
- In the same pan add the onions, ginger garlic, green chilly, and curry leaves. Saute till the onions turn soft.
- Add the turmeric powder, coriander powder, and Kashmiri red chilly powder. Saute for a minute.
- Add the tomato, salt, and fennel powder. Cover and cook till the tomatoes have softened.
- Add the fried chicken and potatoes. Cover and cook on medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the garam masala and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂