I had some very ripe bananas left over in my kitchen and decided to give banana bread a try! It came out incredibly well and I’m going to be making this my go-to recipe so that I never have to throw out the bananas. Try it out and you won’t be disappointed. 🙂
- Prep time – 15 Minutes
- Cook time – 40 to 50 Minutes
- Bananas (very ripe) peeled and mashed – 3
- Melted unsalted butter – 1/3 cup
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Egg (Beaten) – 1
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- All-purpose Flour – 1.5 cups
Note: Very ripe bananas are those that have browned 50% of the skin.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C), and butter the baking dish (you can use a loaf pan, I just used a smaller casserole).
- In a big bowl, mash the ripe bananas until it’s quite smooth.
- Add the melted butter into the mashed bananas. Mix well.
- Add in the baking soda and mix.
- Add in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add in the all-purpose flour. Stir it all together.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Baking time varies depending on your baking dish (mine took 40 minutes). If you used a loaf pan, it could take 50 minutes to an hour. Check using a toothpick inserted to the center until it comes out clean (then it will be ready!).
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Then remove the banana bread and serve. Enjoy 🙂