These pan seared, garlicky, and juicy lemon butter scallops are the best treat! And, they are incredibly simple to make. Scallops can be sautéed, baked, or grilled and you can serve them in a multitude of dishes. Their subtle flavors make them palatable even to those who would prefer turf over surf.
- Prep time – 5 minutes
- Cook time – 5 minutes
- Scallops – 800 g or 2 pounds
- Unsalted Butter – 3/4 cup
- Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
- Garlic (Minced) – 3 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Pepper – 1/8 tsp
- In a large flat bottom pan, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the minced garlic and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the scallops and cook for 3 minutes on one side, turn over, and cook for 3 minutes on the other side. They should look opaque when fully cooked.
- Remove the scallops (without the butter juices) and place them in a serving dish.
- Meanwhile, add the lemon juice, salt, and pepper to the butter and mix well.
- Drizzle this butter lemon sauce over the scallops and serve.
- Enjoy 🙂