Hope everyone had a wonderful Diwali! Here is a simple recipe for all of you to try. This is now my go-to recipe when I am craving Asian food but want it to be healthier than take-out fried rice. Enjoy 🙂
- Basmati Rice – 1.5 cups (Cooked and preferably cold)
- Large Onion – 1 (Finely Chopped)
- Garlic – 2 (Finely Chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch (Finely Chopped)
- Green Bell Pepper – 1/2 (Diced)
- Red Bell Pepper – 1/2 (Diced)
- Yellow Bell Pepper – 1/2 (Diced)
- Sesame oil – 1 tbsp
- Black Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
- Sweet Corn – 1 cup (Cooked)
- Spring Onions – 1 (Chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok. Add the onions and mix well till they turn golden brown.
- Add the garlic, ginger, spring onion, and all the bell peppers. Mix well for 5 minutes.
- Add the salt and pepper. Mix.
- Add the sweet corn and mix well.
- Add the cooked rice (try to use cold, cooked rice). Mix for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy. 🙂