Nothing like Indo-Chinese food to perk up your day! One of my fondest memories was to go to Ching’s restaurant with my family in Bangalore and eat some mouth-watering food. Our order would always have hunan chicken, chicken lollipop, egg fried rice, and yes, Chilli Paneer! Here is my recreation of that dish. Enjoy 🙂
Ingredients for the Saute：
- Small Red Bell Pepper (Cubed) – 1
- Small Green Bell Pepper (Cubed) – 1
- Small Yellow Bell Pepper (Cubed) – 1
- Small Sized Red Onion (Cubed) – 1
- Indian Green Chilli (Slit lengthwise) – 2
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
Ingredients for the Paneer Dredging (Mix the below ingredients together)：
- Paneer (Cubed) – 400 g
- All-purpose flour – 3 tsp
- Cornstarch – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Black Pepper powder – a pinch
- Vegetable oil – enough to fry the paneer
For the sauce (Mix the below ingredients together)：
- Low sodium light soy sauce – 1 tbsp
- White Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Ketchup – 3 tbsp
- Brown Sugar – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Water – 4 tbsp
- Dredge the cubed paneer in the dredging mixture ingredients.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok, and when the oil is hot, add the dredged paneer. Fry until the paneer turns golden brown. Scoop out the paneer and let it drain out any excess oil.
- Retain 2 tbsp of oil in the wok for the rest of the recipe. Add the ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add the vegetables (bell peppers, Indian chilli, and onions) and saute until they are cooked through.
- Add the sauce mixture and mix well. Let the mixture come to a boil.
- Add the fried paneer pieces and mix well for two minutes.
- Serve warm with parathas. Enjoy 🙂