If you enjoy Chinese cuisine and your looking for a really quick dish this one’s for you! I learnt this from my aunt who lived in Malaysia almost all her life. I trusted her cooking and choice of flavours so I tried this one a few months ago. It took me back to my days in Malaysia and the tasty sticky chicken wings I used to eat almost every time I went to a food court. Just remember this recipe can be used on chicken wings or boneless chicken thighs.
- Prep time – 15 minutes
- Marination time – 2 hours
- Cook time – 15 minutes
- Chicken (either boneless thigh pieces or wings) – 1/2 kg
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Honey – 2.5 tbsp
- Sesame oil – 1/4 tsp
- Low sodium Soy Sauce – 2.5 tbsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Marinate the chicken pieces with pepper powder, honey, sesame oil, and soy sauce. Keep aside for 2 hours.
- Take a wok, add some olive oil. When the oil is heated, add the chicken
- Cook on slow fire or heat. Add the salt
- Toss and saute the chicken until it is sticky and close to dry. Enjoy with plain rice or fried rice
2 Comments Add yours
really impressive .
and this one is what I was looking for. ayam chicken right Malaysian style.
cheers and keep this going
Thank you so much Uncle! This recipe does have Malaysian origins, it is from mama’s sister in Malaysia 🙂 Try making it with chicken wings