We love a good stir fry, and this is one of our go to recipes! It’s packed with some of our favourite ingredients (beef, basil, bell peppers!). I hope you give this a try and enjoy it as much as we did. I served this with white rice.
- Beef – 350 g (sliced thin. Mix with a tsp of oil and 2 tsp of cornstarch
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Garlic Cloves – 5 (Chopped)
- Small Onion – 1 (Thinly Sliced)
- Red Bell Pepper – 1/2 (Thinly Sliced)
- Soy Sauce – 2 tsp
- Oyster Sauce – 1 tsp
- Kecap Manis (Sweet Soy Sauce) – 1 tsp (as an alternative you can also use dark soy sauce)
- Fish Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Brown Sugar – 1/2 tso
- Thai Basil Leaves – 1 cup
- Cilantro – to garnish
Heat your wok over high heat, and add the oil.
Add beef, and then cook until just browned. Remove from the wok, and set aside.
Add the red pepper and garlic to the wok. Stir fry for a minute.
Add the onions and stir-fry until slightly caramelized.
Add the beef back in, along with the sauces (soy sauce, kecap manis, oyster sauce, and fish sauce).
Add the sugar. Stir-fry for a few seconds, and then add the Thai basil. Saute until it’s just wilted.
Garnish with cilantro, and serve with white rice.