Ever have a craving for fried rice but don’t want all the carbs? I’ve been making some healthier food choices lately and one of them has been to use more vegetables in my cooking. Cauliflower rice to the rescue! It’s healthy and takes away all the unhealthy attributes of rice and substitutes it with the endless benefits of cauliflower. Enjoy 🙂
- Prep time – 15 minutes
- Cook time – 20 minutes
- Cauliflower florets – from one head of cauliflower
- Low sodium soy sauce – 2 tbsp
- Toasted Sesame Oil – 1 tbsp
- Grater Ginger – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 2 tsp
- Red Onion (Diced) – 1
- Carrot (Cut into small cubes) – 1
- Green Bell Pepper (Diced) – 1
- Frozen Peas – 1/2 cup
- Frozen Sweet Corn – 1/2 cup
- Canola Oil – 2 tbsp (divided)
- White Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Eggs (Beaten) – 2
- White Sesame Seeds – for garnish
- To prepare the cauliflower rice, pulse the cauliflower florets in a food processor until it resembles rice. If you do not have a food processor grate the cauliflower until it looks like rice.
- In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, ginger, and white pepper. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat 1 tbsp of the canola oil on low heat. Add the beaten eggs and let it cook through. Once cooked, cut into strips and set aside.
- Meanwhile, boil the frozen peas and sweet corn until they are cooked through. Strain and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the canola oil in a large wok and set the temperature to medium-high. Add the onion, carrots, and garlic and saute until the onions are translucent.
- Add the bell peppers and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked peas and corn and mix well.
- Add the cauliflower, soy mixture, and salt. Mix well until the cauliflower is cooked through. (Approximately 4 minutes).
- Add the cooked egg strips and mix well. Garnish with some sesame seeds.
- Enjoy 🙂